Meet Carol Burger.
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I joined Magnificent Mutts in January 2017, after my retirement (happy dance) in Dec. 2016. I wanted to work with animals in some way. My two dogs are from Mags Mutts, so I reached out to volunteer there. I help with meet and greets at adoption events, help process adoption applications, and send thank you cards to our wonderful donators.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
I love them both!
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
Our house has always been open to any cat or dog, of any breed, that needed a home. Every breed has an unique quality to share and be enjoyed.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
It makes you feel good to know you gave an animal a second chance. Rescue animals somehow know you helped them and they are just so grateful and loving.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I love spending time with my grandchildren-they make me laugh! I also like cooking, all outdoor activities, and hopefully, watching another great season with the Cubs!!
6. Do you have a favorite food?
Give me pork roast, dumplings, and sauerkraut and I’m in Heaven.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I love Jimmy Buffett. His music often portrays an “island escapism” lifestyle. Jazz is also high on my list. Many great Jazz Fests in Chicago over the summer!
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Too many to list!
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Give me sun, sand, and water to swim in! Goes great with the Jimmy Buffett music!
10. What was the last movie you watched?
Going In Style.