Meet Danny and Bobby
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
We met Becky Nemchock and she told us about Mag Mutts and Meows. We weren’t able to volunteer at that time but the following year we started volunteering. We foster kittens and adult cats and help with the cat adoption events.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
We are cat and dog people.
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
We like just about all breeds of cats and dogs.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
A lot of rescue animals have usually had the misfortune of being mistreated, exposed to the elements, and without proper diet. When they find their forever home with all these “luxuries” they know they have a good thing and are most appreciative and show it every day.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
We both enjoy gardening. We freeze and can a lot of vegetables from our garden. We also enjoy all our flower beds.
Danny plays 16″ softball and likes to putter around in his work shop.
Bobbie likes to do all kinds of crafts such as scrapbooking, crocheting, cross stitching and a little sewing to name a few.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
We have too many favorite foods to name just one.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
Favorite music is oldies.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Can’t think of embarrassing moments. Don’t think we would share that for obvious reasons.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Our favorite vacation memories would be the trips we took we our six foreign exchange students. We will be making some great memories when we visit them in their countries of Germany, Sweden, Norway and Netherlands.
10. What was the last movie you watched?
Independence Day: Resurgence. We rarely make it to theater so we get movies from the library.
11. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
We also volunteer with Lutheran church charities. We are part of a L.E.R.T. Chainsaw team. We respond to natural disasters and clean up tree damage for homeowners at no charge to them. It’s been a great experience and we work with a wonderful group of people.